Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Taken from "The Low-Carb Comfort Food Cookbook." "You will be surprised by what this sauce will do for just about any kind of fish, but it is not limited to fish! This is a sturdy, no-fail, quick sauce--just right for the cook on the run."
- 4 tablespoons butter (1/2 stick)
- 3 teaspoons dijon-style mustard (to taste)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup stock
- 1 teaspoon Wondra Flour
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 teaspoons freshly chopped parsley
- Put the butter, mustard, lemon juice, and stock in a small saucepan. Heat on medium.
- Before the sauce comes to a simmer, sprinkle the Wondra flour over it and whisk it in quickly. Simmer on very low for about 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Keep hot until ready to serve, mixing in parsley just before serving, or keep refrigerated until you need it; you can reheat it in the microwave if you like. If you want the sauce to be a bit thicker, allow it to simmer and reduce until it is right.