Recipe by Redneck Epicurean
One of my favorite tea sandwiches is Ms. Jenny Benedictine's cucumber spread. This is a little twist on that spread. It's got a bit more herbs in it that her original recipe. Great for an afternoon snack or a fancy tea-time tray. Passive time is chill time.
Top Review by ColCadsMom
I've never made cucumber sandwiches with chopped cucumbers, only with a thick spread and thinly sliced ones. This was CERTAINLY quicker, and possibly even more delicious! My food processor pureed part of the cucumber while parts were still almost whole...so next time I think I'll dice them the size of peas with a sharp knife. Spread some on crackers for the photo, but liked it better on crustless white bread. Each time I make these delicious sandwiches, I'll think of you, Amy. Know you will ALWAYS been in our hearts! Made for ZWT3.
- 1 (4 ounce) container cream cheese with vegetables, softened
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dill weed
- 1 -2 dash hot sauce (optional)
- 1 large cucumber
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel the cucumber and cut in half lengthwise. Use a spoon and scrape out the seeds. In a food processor, place the cucumber. Pulse until chopped VERY fine, but not pureed.
- Add to the remaining ingredients and mix well. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours before using to allow flavors to marry.
- Serve on crustless bread or fancy crackers.