Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Our Christmas wouldn't be the same without these really easy, tasty treats!
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 2 cups instant oats
- Combine sugar, cocoan, butter and milk in a saucepan and bring to boil; add vanilla.
- Remove from heat and stir in coconut and oats.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto waxpaper and refrigerate.
These taste GREAT, but they did not set at all into a cookie form. I ended up pouring the mixture into a pan then cut into fudge like squares. Great recipe, just not really what I would call a cookie.
This recipe just didn't work out for me. The taste is good but the _cookies_ never really set up. My result, after 3 hrs. of refrigeration, is more a soft chocolate candy with coconut and oats. I followed the recipe exactly so I'm not sure what happened. Thanks for posting AM and sorry I can't say that it was a success.