Recipe by HeatherFeather
Adapted from Southern Living. A sweet snack to serve with tea.
Top Review by Sherri35
These are fantastic! I used the Pepperidge Farms thinly sliced white bread and I didn't cut the crusts off because I was feeling lazy. They were so delicious and my kids devoured them. They taste like cinnamon donuts to me and the filling is not overly sweet. The house smelled wonderful while they were baking too. Thanks!
- 1 (16 ounce) white bread, very thinly sliced (such as Pepperidge Farms)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg white
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Trim crusts from bread.
- Using a rolling pin, roll out bread slices flat so they are only 1/4" thick.
- Beat cream cheese, egg white, and powdered sugar together on medium speed until smooth.
- Spread evenly on top of each bread slice, then roll up the slices into tight logs.
- Stir together granulated sugar and cinnamon and place into a bowl.
- Place melted butter into another bowl.
- Have ready some lightly greased baking sheets and preheat oven to 350°F.
- Dip bread logs into butter, then roll in sugar mixture, then place onto baking sheets.
- Bake for about 15 minutes, or until browned.
- Let cool on wire racks.