Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a fast, easy and flavorful chicken entree. I use McCormicks brand of chipotle chili powder. The ingredients as listed produce a mild flavored dish. Add more chipotle and use a hot salsa for a spicier dish.
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast, frozen
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried chipotle powder
- 1⁄4 cup picante sauce
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 cup monterey jack cheese, grated
- green onion, sliced, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Sprinkle chicken breast with chipotle powder.
- Bake about 15 minutes.
- Top with picante sauce.
- When almost done (about 10-15 minutes) sprinkle with cheese and top with green onions.
- Return to oven until cheese melts, about 3-5 minutes.
Delicious! Easy to make. I used silicone bakeware and it took a little longer. It still turned out amazing. I will definitely make this again. This is a perfect recipe for one person. Thanks for the recipe.
I haven't tried this particular recipe, but it is almost identical to a fish recipe I make (which is why I'm giving it 5 stars, to keep the overall rating consistent). I use thawed tilapia filets, sprinkle with some seasoning, cover with picante sauce, cheese, and crushed tortilla chips, and bake for about 15 min at 350. Now I'm going to have to try it with chicken!
Really good!! My boyfriend loved it! I will definitely make this again.