Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
Adapted from menus4moms.com. Original recipe called for a 9 inch pie pan but due to Annacia's problems, I have changed that.
- 1 2⁄3 cups frozen peas and carrots, thawed
- 1 1⁄2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 10 1⁄2 ounces canned condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper, to taste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 cup Bisquick baking mix
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 egg
- Combine vegetables, chicken, soup, salt, pepper and thyme; pour into a 9 inch deep-dish pie pan or a 2 quart casserole dish.
- Combine biscuit mix, milk and egg; Pour over top.
- Line oven rack with foil just in case of overflow.
- Bake at 400* for 25-30 minutes.
I thought it was very quick and easy. It was very good, but could use a bit of salt and pepper. It's a perfect quick dinner.
I loved the ease of this recipe. I would certainly recommend a deeper baking pan however. I'm currently cleaning my oven because this really overflowed it's dish. It retained all of the veggies (I used frozen mixed veggies) and chicken but the end result was dry because of the loss of the gravy. I used fat reduced Cream of Chicken and for the biscuit layer I used Recipe #55564 (without the sugar). I'll likely try this again, it tastes good, but I'll use a deeper casserole dish.