Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Super easy comfort food that can be made while you're busy doing other things in the evenings. There is hardly any prep time making it a great recipe for weeknights after work. This is my daughter's favorite meal, she likes it served with green beans and hot rolls.
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 (14 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 2 packages frozen egg noodles
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup diced fresh carrot
- Cut chicken into bite sized pieces, sprinkle with poultry seasoning, salt and pepper, and saute in one tablespoon of the butter.
- When chicken is no longer pink and is starting to turn golden brown, add chicken broth and carrots.
- Simmer on medium heat approximately 10 minutes.
- Stir in egg noodles and simmer approximately 25-30 minutes until noodles are tender.
- Add cream of chicken soup and the remaining tablespoon of butter, simmer for 5-10 more minutes and serve.
This is a very easy and SO delicious supper. I added some garlic when I sauted the chicken, and put in 1 cup frozen peas for the last 10 minutes of cooking. This is true comfort food! All I added for supper was a green salad and buttery farm biscuits. Very good, Thanks Denise, this will be a regular
Great recipe. I also added a little extra spice and some diced onions and broccoli. I couldn't find frozen egg noodles either, so made my own. Loved the recipe.
Denise,had this last night.The wife,grandkids and I found it was very good.Store did not have egg noodles,so i to used Rotini as well. Great!! and in the cookbook for a later date.(:o) Ty.