Recipe by Happy Harry #2
Fast and inexpensive.....and most of all, TASTY! Takes no more than 45 minutes to the table. What more can you ask for on a busy week night?
- 12 ounces ham, cooked
- 1⁄4 cup maple syrup (real is best)
- 2 (15 ounce) cans pork and beans in tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons hot dog relish
- 1 teaspoon onion, minced (instant is fine)
- 1⁄2 cup cheese, shredded (must be sharp type)
Directions See How It's Made
- START THE CLOCK!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Slice ham into 6-8 slices, brush or spread maple syrup over each slice and lay in circle around inside of a 9-inch pieplate. Set aside.
- In sauce pan, heat to boiling the beans, relish and onion.
- Pour into center of pieplate, top with cheese and bake for 20 minutes or until the tops of the ham have started to brown.
- STOP THE CLOCK! YOU ARE DONE!