Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Made with the fastest ready made ingredients from home, this tasty rice can be done as a side to any mexican entree! Experiment and try your own special touches. You cant go wrong!
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 2 cups instant rice
- 1⁄4 cup frozen peas (optional but nice touch) or 1⁄4 cup carrot (optional but nice touch)
- 1⁄2 cup of ready made salsa
- 1 cup chicken broth
- chili powder
- First, sautee the rice in the oil. Stir until rice starts to turn brown.
- Add in vegetables and cook for additional 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in salsa, chicken broth, cumin to taste and chili powder to taste ( you can always add more later if necessary).
- Add chicken broth and simmer until fluids cook down.
- Since this is done with "ready made" items from your kitchen, you can be pretty flexible. Use what you have. Example: use a can of tomatoes with green chile's, use powdered chicken bouillon and water, add or reduce the amount of spices. Have fun, it is very delicious!