Prep 1 min
Cook 5 mins
I needed a quick, fresh, easy breakfast before I go to work. I did not like the South Beach cookbooks idea of making a bunch of egg muffins and freezing them. This can be changed a million ways - using different veggies, adding salsa...
- 1 cup chopped Baby Spinach
- 1⁄4 cup egg white (I use the pre-packaged ones)
- 1⁄4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheese (can use fat free but I need some flavor)
- I Can't Believe It's Not Butter! Spray
- Spray microwave safe dish with butter spray.
- Put spinach in dish.
- Put cheese on top.
- Pour in egg whites.
- Microwave for 2 minutes - whites will start to puff up.
- Take out dish and stir.
- Microwave another minute - cook until looks dry on top.
I make something very similar to this. I like to quarter a tomatoe or two, put a little olive oil on it, sprinkle it with salt, pepper (and what ever else I'm in the mood to try) and roast them. I love the taste of the roasted tomatoes with the spinach and eggs.
Im new to the dieting scene and I have been trying to find healthy quick and easy recipes to make and I stumbled across this one....AWESOME!! So fast and easy and tastes great! I made it exactly as the recipe stated only I cooked it for 2 minutes total. I plan to add a few things next time I make it like others suggested in the reviews! Thanks for the great recipe!!
Working great for me. I used spinach and bell pepper with egg whites and then found Santa Barbara salsa (Costco) with spinach was even better with the egg whites. Admittedly I didn't get to ever trying the microwave method, just sauted them up in a small skillet with a little pam and poured in the egg whites. Been going on a 2 week sprint with these for breakfast.