Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
I invented this one night in high school when a friend and I were having one of those midnight cravings for chocolate. It's very versatile, and the recipe can be adjusted depending on if you want more chocolate or peanut butter flavor! Halve, double, triple, etc. the recipe as needed.
- Put chocolate chips in a microwavable cup or bowl- I usually use a coffee mug.
- Microwave on 50% power, stirring every 30 seconds until melted completely.
- Add peanut butter to melted chocolate chips, combine thoroughly.
- Drop mixture by teaspoons onto wax paper.
- Chill until firm (about 20 minutes in the freezer, longer if in the refrigerator).
- If you actually happen to have any leftover, store covered in the refrigerator.
- Consume within one week, or freeze for up to one month.
This was a quick chocolate and peanut butter fix!! Very good and easy to make. Will try making with chunky peanut butter next time.
This is good! I've made this many times, and was surprised to see the recipe! I find I like it even more if I don't completely mix together the chocolate and peanut butter, but leave it kind of swirled. I've discovered the mixture is also good eaten warm with a spoon... if I can't wait for it to cool!