Recipe by LR Beckwith
Quickest biscuits. You can make these in 12 minutes from the time you decide you want Biscuits. They are delicious and came from a cooking show that was on the air years ago. I did not believe you could make biscuits at 500 degrees F without burning them, but I was wrong.
Top Review by maryspassion is the kitchen
I made this recipe for biscuits and i used cookie cutters for fun biscuits for the kids out of it. It holds well for shapes.It tastes like heaven as well...This is by far the best biscuit recipe i have tasted...no store bought biscuits can come close to these..thanks for this recipe.....
- 1 cup flour, plus
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 tablespoons Crisco
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
Directions See How It's Made
- Turn oven to 500 degrees Fahrenheit or 260 degrees Centigrade.
- Cut in Crisco with a fork.
- Add ½ cup buttermilk and mix.
- Put black iron skillet in oven with a teaspoon of Crisco.
- Flour a rollout sheet lightly.
- Turn out dough onto sheet and knead together (Do not knead much or biscuits will be tough).
- Flour rolling pin and roll out dough to about 1/8-inch thick.
- Fold dough over once.
- Cut out biscuits with a biscuit cutter or glass.
- Take hot skillet out of oven.
- Add biscuits to grease, turning once to grease both sides.
- Put skillet in 500°F oven and bake 10 minutes.
- Best and quickest you ever ate.