Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Quick and easy way to make corn dogs. I usually have some of these frozen for a quick dinner.
- 1 (11 1/2 ounce) can refrigerated cornbread twists dough
- 8 wooden craft sticks
- 1 package hot dog (I usually use the bun-length ones)
- Separate cornbread dough into 8 sticks, Roll each piece into a 14-inch rope (getting your hands slightly wet helps here).
- Insert wooden sticks lengthwise into hotdogs, leaving 1 inch of each stick exposed.
- Wrap each cornbread rope around each hotdog, pressing ends of dough to seal at the top and bottom.
- Place on cookie sheet sprayed with no stick cooking spray.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until cornbread is golden brown.
- My friend also likes to roll bacon around the outside and sometimes I add cheddar cheese to the hotdog before adding the dough.
- These can be prepared and then frozen before cooking.
- Just add a couple minutes to the cook time!
- Hope you like them!
So easy and kids love them! I love that they are much lower in fat than traditional corn dogs and I can control the type of dog used. I didn't have the sticks so we skipped them. A great quick dinner. Love the tip about freezing..I'll definitely try that! Thanks, Bekah!