Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
An easy and flavourful recipe from The Canadian Living Test Kitchen from "Canadian Living Magazine" (July 2007).
- 4 cups thinly sliced halved zucchini (1 L)
- 1 teaspoon salt (5 mL)
- 1⁄4 cup rice vinegar (50 mL)
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar (10 mL)
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil (10 mL)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot pepper flakes (1 mL)
- In bowl, toss zucchini with salt ; let stand for 15 minutes.
- Drain and squeeze out liquid.
- Add vinegar, sugar, sesame oil, garlic, and hot pepper flakes. Toss to combine.
These pickles are flavorful with the sesame oil and rice vinegar. They are quick and simple to make. I will make them often.