Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Spumoni is one of those things you don't find easily when you live in a small southern town - this recipe comes from Good Housekeeping.
- 2 pints vanilla frozen yogurt
- 1⁄3 cup maraschino cherry
- 1⁄3 cup blanched slivered almond
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 tablespoons diced candied citron peel
- Remove frozen yogurt from containers to large bowl. Let stand at room temperature to soften slightly.
- Meanwhile, coarsely chop maraschino cherries.
- Into yogurt in bowl, stir maraschino cherries, almonds, almond extract, and 2 tablespoons candied citron.
- Spoon yogurt mixture into 6 dessert dishes. Garnish with remaining citron. Freeze until ready to serve.