If you don't have a bread machine, this is the easiest yeast dough recipe by far. There is no overbearing yeast flavour and it is a good dense bread. Please note: time to make includes rising time.
- Put 4 cups of the flour, yeast, sugar and salt into large bowl.
- Pour in hot water and oil and mix until combined- it will be sticky.
- Add the remaining flour in increments until dough is no longer sticky.
- Knead for about 5 minutes until dough is elastic and smooth.
- Place dough back into bowl and cover with a damp teatowel and let it rise until double its size- about 1/2 hour.
- Punch it down and divide dough into two pieces.
- Roll pieces long enough to fill two well oiled loaf pans and leave to rise until dough has reached the rim of the pan.
- Bake at 400F for 40 minutes.
- Rub hot breads with water and wrap in a teatowel to'sweat' to soften the crust.