1/13 Photos of Quick Yeast Bread
1 hr 20 mins
Bokenpop aka Madeleine's Note:
If you don't have a bread machine, this is the easiest yeast dough recipe by far. There is no overbearing yeast flavour and it is a good dense bread. Please note: time to make includes rising time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put 4 cups of the flour, yeast, sugar and salt into large bowl.
- 2Pour in hot water and oil and mix until combined- it will be sticky.
- 3Add the remaining flour in increments until dough is no longer sticky.
- 4Knead for about 5 minutes until dough is elastic and smooth.
- 5Place dough back into bowl and cover with a damp teatowel and let it rise until double its size- about 1/2 hour.
- 6Punch it down and divide dough into two pieces.
- 7Roll pieces long enough to fill two well oiled loaf pans and leave to rise until dough has reached the rim of the pan.
- 8Bake at 400F for 40 minutes.
- 9Rub hot breads with water and wrap in a teatowel to'sweat' to soften the crust.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quick Yeast Bread
Serving Size: 1 (1208 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1466.1
- Calories from Fat 281
- Total Fat 31.2 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1182.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 256.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.6 g
- Sugars 13.4 g
- Protein 37.1 g