Recipe by A Messy Cook
An easy, quick, and delicious recipe from "Whole Foods for the Whole Family." Be careful not to overwork the dough, and you'll have a wholesome, high-rising biscuit for breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
- 1 1⁄2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup unbleached white flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2⁄3 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir together dry ingredients; cut in butter until mixture is crumbly.
- Add milk, stirring until dough forms ball.
- Turn onto lightly floured surface and knead 5-10 times (do not overwork!).
- Roll out to 1/2 inch thickness and cut into biscuits.
- Bake on ungreased baking sheet for 15 minutes at 400 degrees, and serve hot!