Recipe by Jessi Leigh
If you're feeling a little lazy, just buy a store-bought deli rotisserie chicken and shred it. It's faster and easier than cutting up the chicken.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Did make a bit of an adjustment when putting this together ~ I used a little less than the teaspoon of cumin, & left out the 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne pepper! This was an unusual chili for us, but we did thoroughly enjoy it! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed in New Kids on the Block tag]
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (2lb , 6 cups chopped cooked chicken breast)
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced (6 cloves, crushed)
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 3 (15 ounce) cans white beans, rinsed and drained, adding another can would be ok if you like a lot of beans
- 4 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 12 ounces monterey jack cheese or 12 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
- sour cream
- corn chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil over medium-high heat in a Dutch oven or heavy stockpot. Add the chicken and onion and saute 5 minutes, until chicken is no longer pink.
- Stir in the minced garlic, green chiles, cumin, oregano, cloves, and cayenne. Saute for 3 minutes to blend the flavors. Stir in the beans and the chicken broth and simmer 15 to 20 minutes. Season with salt to taste.
- Serve in bowls topped with cheese and a dollop of sour cream.
- Serve with corn bread, avocado, salsa, or corn chips.