1/1 Photo of Quick White Chicken Chili
Jessi Leigh's Note:
If you're feeling a little lazy, just buy a store-bought deli rotisserie chicken and shred it. It's faster and easier than cutting up the chicken.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (2lb , 6 cups chopped cooked chicken breast)
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced (6 cloves, crushed)
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 3 (15 ounce) cans white beans, rinsed and drained, adding another can would be ok if you like a lot of beans
- 4 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1Heat the oil over medium-high heat in a Dutch oven or heavy stockpot. Add the chicken and onion and saute 5 minutes, until chicken is no longer pink.
- 2Stir in the minced garlic, green chiles, cumin, oregano, cloves, and cayenne. Saute for 3 minutes to blend the flavors. Stir in the beans and the chicken broth and simmer 15 to 20 minutes. Season with salt to taste.
- 3Serve in bowls topped with cheese and a dollop of sour cream.
- 4Serve with corn bread, avocado, salsa, or corn chips.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quick White Chicken Chili
Serving Size: 1 (528 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 488.0
- Calories from Fat 162
- Total Fat 18.0 g
- Saturated Fat 9.5 g
- Cholesterol 74.3 mg
- Sodium 982.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.4 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 41.2 g