1 hr 15 mins
Fresh, Warm, Homemade bread in just a little over ONE hour from start to finish? Absolutely with this recipe. Amaze family and friends alike with this beautiful, tasty, easy bread. A favorite after school snack. I got this from a friend and fellow busy mom I love it and couldn't live without it, hope you love it too!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup warm water
- 3 tablespoons yeast (or four packages)
- 1Step 1:.
- 2Pour into 1 quart Mixing bowl:.
- 31 cup Warm Water.
- 4Sprinkle on top:.
- 53T Yeast ( or four packages).
- 6Do not mix set aside.
- 7Step 2:.
- 8In 4 quart Bowl combine:.
- 98 cups Flour (can use up to 1/2 whole wheat).
- 102/3 cups Sugar.
- 114 teaspoons Salt.
- 12Mix well.
- 13Step 3:.
- 14Stir yeast and water mixture and add to this:.
- 153 cups hot water.
- 161/3 cup vegetable or olive oil.
- 17Step 4:.
- 18Pre heat oven to 350.
- 19Stir the yeast and water/oil and mix together with the flour.
- 20Add enough flour to the sticky mixture to make a soft easy to handle dough.
- 21Knead for 1 minute.
- 22Divide dough into four equal mounds.
- 23Shape each into greased loaf pans/ or coated with a non stick spray.
- 24Cover loosely and let rise 30 minutes.
- 25Bake 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- 26Hints and Tips and how to make Challah:.
- 27For a more golden crust mix 1 egg yolk and 1 teaspoons water and brush on bread just before placing in oven.
- 28To tell doneness:.
- 29Top will be springy and bottom will sound hollow if thumped.
- 31( I will usually take aside two loaves and make into Challah to do this take two or one mound of dough, depending on how many Challah you want to make)
- 32Per each mound of dough;
- 33Take the mound of dough and separate into three relatively equal pieces make each piece into a long strands.
- 34Now with your three long strands lay them length wise in front of you, take each piece at the top and pinch just the tips together.
- 35Braid loosely like a hair braid and then pinch the ends again when done.
- 36Tuck under the pinched edges.
- 37Place on a lightly greased cookie sheet and cover lightly with a towel, lightly damp paper towel or lose tin foil.
- 38Let rise 30 minutes.
- 39Pre Heat Oven 350
- 40Bake 30 minutes or until golden.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quick White Bread (Challah Braid)
Serving Size: 1 (184 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 409.5
- Calories from Fat 63
- Total Fat 7.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 780.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 75.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 11.3 g
- Protein 9.8 g