Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Fresh, Warm, Homemade bread in just a little over ONE hour from start to finish? Absolutely with this recipe. Amaze family and friends alike with this beautiful, tasty, easy bread. A favorite after school snack. I got this from a friend and fellow busy mom I love it and couldn't live without it, hope you love it too!
- 1 cup warm water
- 3 tablespoons yeast (or four packages)
- 8 cups flour (can use up to 1/2 whole wheat)
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons salt
- 3 cups hot water
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil or 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- Step 1:.
- Pour into 1 quart Mixing bowl:.
- 1 cup Warm Water.
- Sprinkle on top:.
- 3T Yeast ( or four packages).
- Do not mix set aside.
- Step 2:.
- In 4 quart Bowl combine:.
- 8 cups Flour (can use up to 1/2 whole wheat).
- 2/3 cups Sugar.
- 4 teaspoons Salt.
- Mix well.
- Step 3:.
- Stir yeast and water mixture and add to this:.
- 3 cups hot water.
- 1/3 cup vegetable or olive oil.
- Step 4:.
- Pre heat oven to 350.
- Stir the yeast and water/oil and mix together with the flour.
- Add enough flour to the sticky mixture to make a soft easy to handle dough.
- Knead for 1 minute.
- Divide dough into four equal mounds.
- Shape each into greased loaf pans/ or coated with a non stick spray.
- Cover loosely and let rise 30 minutes.
- Bake 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Hints and Tips and how to make Challah:.
- For a more golden crust mix 1 egg yolk and 1 teaspoons water and brush on bread just before placing in oven.
- To tell doneness:.
- Top will be springy and bottom will sound hollow if thumped.
- ( I will usually take aside two loaves and make into Challah to do this take two or one mound of dough, depending on how many Challah you want to make)
- Per each mound of dough;
- Take the mound of dough and separate into three relatively equal pieces make each piece into a long strands.
- Now with your three long strands lay them length wise in front of you, take each piece at the top and pinch just the tips together.
- Braid loosely like a hair braid and then pinch the ends again when done.
- Tuck under the pinched edges.
- Place on a lightly greased cookie sheet and cover lightly with a towel, lightly damp paper towel or lose tin foil.
- Let rise 30 minutes.
- Pre Heat Oven 350
- Bake 30 minutes or until golden.
So this was my first attempt at making bread, and I must say this is a great recipe. Hot out of the oven it is delicious and soft. We took one of the loaves to a party, and came home with none. This morning we made french toast with another loaf, and it was phenomenal.
This bread turned out so good. very smooth and soft texture and it was really easy and fast thanx so much.
Thank you so much this recipe was very simple and the bread tastes delicious. From one batch I made a loaf of bread and a pan of rolls and four braids of bread, two of which I added food coloring for my grandchildren. Awesome recipe.