Karen's Krazy Kitchen's Note:
This is a really quick, healthy, low fat chowder. Great for a cold night when time is tight. If serving to someone with a cold, pump up the heat by adding a tsp of cayenne pepper and let them sweat it out... NO MERCY!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine the the onions, garlic and 1/2 cup of the stock in a large saucepan.
- 2Cover, bring to a simmer and cook for 8 minutes.
- 3Add the tomatoes and their juice. Break up the tomatoes with a potato masher.
- 4Add the broccoli and remaining stock and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium low and simmer for 6 minutes.
- 5Add the beans, basil, hot pepper sauce, salt and pepper to taste. Note: I sometimes substitute the hot pepper sauce for one or two chipotles in adobo sauce.
- 6Simmer for an additional 4 minutes or until the broccoli is at the firmness you prefer.
- 7I like to serve with some grated Parmesan cheese.
Browse Our Top Chowders Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quick White Bean, Broccoli and Tomato Chowder
Serving Size: 1 (315 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 165.1
- Calories from Fat 8
- Total Fat 0.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 111.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.2 g
- Sugars 5.0 g
- Protein 9.9 g