Recipe by Ms B.
This is a quick South Beach Diet friendly soup. It is brothy, but the beans are very filling. I adapted a recipe from the cookbook to suit the ingredients that I had on hand.
Top Review by dkredondo
I love this soup - make it all the time since I discovered it. I usually double the recipe and it holds fine for a few days of leftovers. Barely lift a finger to make it - I call it lazy woman's soup.
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- 4 cups fresh Baby Spinach, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon minced roasted garlic
- 1⁄2 cup low-sodium V8 juice
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- red pepper flakes, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring the chicken broth to a boil in a medium pan.
- Add the spinach and allow to boil for a bit and wilt down the leaves, stirring often.
- Reduce heat and add the rinsed and drained beans, roasted garlic, and V-8 juice.
- Simmer gently for 5-10 minutes.
- Season with salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes, to taste.