Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
I often make this chili when I'm short on time. It uses mostly pantry ingredients so it's very convenient and fast. It can be simmered longer if you like, but I enjoy the fresher taste of the green peppers when it's served right away.
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 large onion
- 1 large green pepper
- 1 (19 ounce) can red kidney beans
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed tomato soup
- 1 (10 ounce) can mushroom pieces
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried chipotle powder (or to taste)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt (or to taste)
- Cook beef in oil until almost done.
- Chop onion and green pepper into 1/2" pieces and add to beef. Cook, stirring often 3-5 minutes depending on how soft you want the veggies.
- Add remaining ingredients, bring just to a boil, and reduce heat to low.
- Simmer at least 10 minutes.
This was indeed quick and easy. I served it on Angel hair pasta. It's not your everyday spicy chili, but could be if you prefer that by adding additional chipolte powder or minced jalapeno's. I found this to have a nicely mild taste and the condensed soup gave it a hint of sweetness. I followed the recipe as is - with the exception of using fresh mushrooms instead of the canned. Next time I will leave out the beans -only has a personal preference. Very good - thank you!