Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
A wonderful mayonnaise to use for salads, fish, rice, potatoes, etc. Adapted from the Silver Palate cookbook.
- 1 cup regular mayonnaise or 1 cup soy mayonnaise or 1 cup vegan mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup walnut oil
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dijon-style mustard
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- Whisk all ingredients together in a bowl.
- Cover and refrigerate until needed, Enjoy!
- Great on salads, rice, potatoes, vegetables, fish, etc.
A totally surprising condiment with mellow flavoring. We used it as a spread on tortilla wraps. Will definitly make again. Oh forgot, I used my recipe for recipe #369334. Made for 123 Hit Wonders.
A delicious mayonnaise! Some I used whisked through mashed potatoes (a great addition!) and some I've used to really bring life to some cucumber and tomato sandwiches; what I have left will be included in some egg and lettuce sandwiches. The walnut oil was just SO delicious with the other ingredients. I'll definitely be making this again. Made for Newest Zaar Tag. Thanks for sharing this recipe, Sharon!