A delicious base to a variety of Vietnamese style soups. Recipe from, Cooks Illustrated Soups and Stews. Soooo good. ***A Wonderful base used in my Vietnamese-Style Beef Noodle Soup or my Hot and Sour Noodle Soup with Shrimp and Tomato.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 cups canned low sodium chicken broth
- 4 medium garlic cloves, smashed with knife handle and peeled
- 1 piece gingerroot, two inch, peeled, cut into 1/8 inch rounds and lightly smashed with knife handle
- 2 cinnamon sticks, 3 inch
- 2 pods star anise
- 2 tablespoons asian fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1Over medium-high heat, bring all ingredients to a boil in a medium sauce pan.
- 2Reduce to low and simmer- partially covered about 20 minutes.
- 3Remove solids and discard.
- 4Cover and keep hot over low heat until ready to serve.
Browse Our Top Vietnamese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vietnamese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quick Vietnamese Broth
Serving Size: 1 (320 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 70.5
- Calories from Fat 16
- Total Fat 1.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1036.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 7.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: