Recipe by JohnsCutie
All the packaged rice mixes in the store have so much sodium, that I tried to come up with a tasty rice recipe with less. Not sure I really succeeded, but this was quick, easy and tasty, so I want to post it and see if I managed to get less sodium. (Ignore the ounces on the rice and soup mix, 'zaar made me put something, but these are just standard sizes.)
- 3 (4 ounce) bags Minute Rice
- 1 (2 ounce) package Knorr vegetable soup mix
- 1 (14 ounce) can low-sodium low-fat chicken broth
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the Minute Rice according to
- Drain the rice and place it in a large skillet or pot (I just put it back in the pan I cooked it in.).
- Add the soup mix and as much of the chicken broth(I used half broth and half water and only used half the can) as you need to absorb the soup mix and keep the rice from sticking. Stir together and heat through and through, cooking until the broth is absorbed.