Recipe by erinBOberrin
Here's a great way to sneak some healthy veggies into a delicious meal. Serve as an appetizer, or add some refried beans to make a light meal.
Top Review by erinBOberrin
Miller - Just wanted to mention that these would be very good even if you omitted the spinach. I often make them with whatever veggies I have on hand and sound good. You could also try onions, green pepper, zucchini, artichoke hearts. Had never heard of the spinach/medication issue before. Glad know about it, though.
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 -2 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 2 cups fresh spinach leaves, torn
- 4 soft taco-size flour tortillas (regular or 98% fat free)
- 1⁄2 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 2 teaspoons margarine or 2 teaspoons butter
- light sour cream or fat free sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add garlic, mushrooms and bell pepper.
- Saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Add spinach, cook, stirring often, 1-2 minutes- or until spinach is just wilted.
- Spoon mixture into medium bowl.
- Melt 1 t.
- margarine/butter in same skillet over medium high heat.
- Add 1 tortilla; top with 1/2 vegetable mixture, 1/4 cup cheese and another tortilla.
- Cook 1-2 minutes on each side, until lightly browned.
- Repeat with second quesadilla.
- Cut into wedges and serve with salsa and light sour cream.