Here's a great way to sneak some healthy veggies into a delicious meal. Serve as an appetizer, or add some refried beans to make a light meal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 -2 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 2 cups fresh spinach leaves, torn
- 4 soft taco-size flour tortillas (regular or 98% fat free)
- 1/2 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 2 teaspoons margarine or 2 teaspoons butter
- 1Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat.
- 2Add garlic, mushrooms and bell pepper.
- 3Saute for 2-3 minutes.
- 4Add spinach, cook, stirring often, 1-2 minutes- or until spinach is just wilted.
- 5Spoon mixture into medium bowl.
- 6Melt 1 t.
- 7margarine/butter in same skillet over medium high heat.
- 8Add 1 tortilla; top with 1/2 vegetable mixture, 1/4 cup cheese and another tortilla.
- 9Cook 1-2 minutes on each side, until lightly browned.
- 10Repeat with second quesadilla.
- 11Cut into wedges and serve with salsa and light sour cream.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quick Veggie Quesadillas
Serving Size: 1 (117 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 191.2
- Calories from Fat 88
- Total Fat 9.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 12.5 mg
- Sodium 302.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 7.3 g