Prep 35 mins
Cook 40 mins
Simple to make and can be eaten hot or cold fantastic snack food.
- 375 g plain flour
- 125 g softened butter
- 200 g danish blue cheese, grated
- 4 tablespoons water
- 175 g carrots, grated
- 250 g potatoes, diced
- 175 g onions, chopped
- 25 g danish blue cheese, grated
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried herbs
- 3 tablespoons vegetable stock
- Heat oven to 200C (400F).
- Place flour and butter in a bowl and rub together.
- Add cheese and make a well in the middle of the mix. Add enough water to make a soft but not sticky dough.
- Knead dough to mix in cheese and divide into 4.
- Roll out dough and use a side plate to cut out a circle, repeat with the remaining dough.
- Mix all the ingredients for the filling together and divide between the pastry circles.
- Dampen the edges and pull together crimping the edges with your fingers to stick them together.
- Bake for 20 minutes then turn down the heat slightly and cook for another 15 - 20 minutes.