Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This veggie chili takes about 10-15 minutes from start to finish and tastes great. My 4 year old daughter and I came up with this one night trying to clean out the pantry of odds and ends.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 (14 ounce) can black beans with cumin and chili powder, undrained
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 (10 ounce) can Rotel Tomatoes, medium
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon garlic, chopped
- 4 ounces soy crumbles
- Heat oil in 2 Quart pot over medium heat.
- Add chopped onions and peppers. Cook until tender but not soft.
- Add remaining ingredients and simmer for 5-10 minutes.
I'll be honest, I made this recipe not expecting much, just wanting a quick, healthy chili-fix. Boy, was I surprised!!! A refreshing change from the standard and perfect dinner for unexpected company. I used the hot Rotel tomatoes (all I had), and mixed chopped peppers. I served w/a dollop of FF plain yogurt and some soy cheese. YUM! Thanks so much, Tom...I'll definitely be making this often!