Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Hearty soup that is GREAT for winter evenings. All of the taste of a "day long soup" but less than half the time to make.
- 10 cups water
- 10 beef bouillon cubes or 10 cups homemade beef stock (and omit water)
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 -3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can baby peas, drained
- 2 cans Italian-style stewed tomatoes
- 2 cups Bisquick baking mix
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Combine water, boullion cubes, carrots, onion, celery, tomatoes, peas and garlic in a large stew pot.
- Bring to a boil.
- Brown and drain ground beef.
- While ground beef is browning, mix bisquick, milk and parsley.
- Add ground beef to pot and cook for 10 minutes.
- Drop dumpling mixture by the spoonful into boiling soup.
- Cook uncovered for 10 minutes.
- Cover tightly and cook for 10 minutes.
A good recipe! We had it for lunch after a tough morning of yard cleaning and putting up Christmas lights. Nice and hot, and the parsley dumplings were a good touch. Thanks!
This soup is wonderful! It has a great taste. I love the addition of the parsley dumplings, it adds something special to a hurried weeknight. This is a veggie packed meal and I can't wait to enjoy the leftovers. I served this with a salad.
Hi. I thought this was very good. I used whole baby carrots, and added some diced potatoes I'd wanted to use. The biscuits are what made the dish. Parsley made it very flavorful. Hearty, filling, warm...can't wait to make this one again.