Recipe by Malriah
Hearty soup that is GREAT for winter evenings. All of the taste of a "day long soup" but less than half the time to make.
Top Review by Barefoot Beachcomber
A good recipe! We had it for lunch after a tough morning of yard cleaning and putting up Christmas lights. Nice and hot, and the parsley dumplings were a good touch. Thanks!
- 10 cups water
- 10 beef bouillon cubes or 10 cups homemade beef stock (and omit water)
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 -3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can baby peas, drained
- 2 cans Italian-style stewed tomatoes
- 2 cups Bisquick baking mix
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine water, boullion cubes, carrots, onion, celery, tomatoes, peas and garlic in a large stew pot.
- Bring to a boil.
- Brown and drain ground beef.
- While ground beef is browning, mix bisquick, milk and parsley.
- Add ground beef to pot and cook for 10 minutes.
- Drop dumpling mixture by the spoonful into boiling soup.
- Cook uncovered for 10 minutes.
- Cover tightly and cook for 10 minutes.