Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe is quick in the sense that it makes use of a ready coleslaw mix and saves the time to shred veggies. Forming wontons is still time consuming. This is not the most authentic recipe you may find, but it is delicious. Of course, you can add other stuff like scallions, tofu etc.
- Heat a teaspoon of oil in a wok on high heat.
- Add ginger and garlic.
- Stir fry for 10 seconds.
- Add coleslaw mix and stir fry for about a minute until cabbage is crisp tender.
- Add soysauce, chili oil, salt and pepper.
- Let filling cool.
- Keep wonton wrappers covered with a paper towel.
- Working with one wrapper at a time, place a heaping teaspoon of filling in the center.
- Brush sides with water and form a triangle.
- Press sides to seal.
- Bring the two opposite corners of the triangle together.
- Keep the filled wontons on a plate dusted with cornstarch, such that they do not touch each other.
- Steam for 15 minutes until done.
- Serve hot with soy sauce.