daisy M's Note:
This recipe is quick in the sense that it makes use of a ready coleslaw mix and saves the time to shred veggies. Forming wontons is still time consuming. This is not the most authentic recipe you may find, but it is delicious. Of course, you can add other stuff like scallions, tofu etc.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat a teaspoon of oil in a wok on high heat.
- 2Add ginger and garlic.
- 3Stir fry for 10 seconds.
- 4Add coleslaw mix and stir fry for about a minute until cabbage is crisp tender.
- 5Add soysauce, chili oil, salt and pepper.
- 6Let filling cool.
- 7Keep wonton wrappers covered with a paper towel.
- 8Working with one wrapper at a time, place a heaping teaspoon of filling in the center.
- 9Brush sides with water and form a triangle.
- 10Press sides to seal.
- 11Bring the two opposite corners of the triangle together.
- 12Keep the filled wontons on a plate dusted with cornstarch, such that they do not touch each other.
- 13Steam for 15 minutes until done.
- 14Serve hot with soy sauce.
Browse Our Top Asian Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quick Vegetarian Wontons
Serving Size: 1 (46 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 78.0
- Calories from Fat 3
- Total Fat 0.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 2.1 mg
- Sodium 391.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 3.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: