Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
This soup is full of fiber and protein and low in fat. It is 2-3 WW points per cup and very filling. Adapted from weightwatchers.com message board.
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 2 cups whole kernel corn
- 1 (15 ounce) can vegetable broth
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can white beans
- 1 (16 ounce) can fat-free refried beans
- 1 (10 ounce) can Rotel Tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- Saute onions in a large stock pot.
- Combine 2 cans of tomatoes with the refried beans then add all the other canned ingredients (do not drain the beans - but do drain the corn if canned). Stir.
- Add the taco mix. Bring the soup up to just a boil.
- Cover and simmer for 1 hour.
Fantastic Quick and Easy. What more could you ask for. HEALTHY TOO. I set up a little garnishment bar including sour cream, lime, cilantro, radishes, cheese, and tortilla chips. Everyone loved it!
Wonderful! My DH had two great big bowls and was reaching for a third when I suggested he might let the rest settle a bit, he reluctantly agreed to wait until tonight before having a third bowl! Definitely a man pleasing soup. I chose this recipe because I had everything on hand, love those recipes! Oh, I did mine in a CROCK POT. In case someone else would like to, here's what I did: I put everything in my 5-qt crock pot, turned to low for 6 hours, then on high for 1.5 hours, taking the lid off for the last 20 minutes to allow the soup to thicken.
Tasty and the can of refried beans makes it creamy. My DH does not like a lot of heat so I subbed a jar of picante sauce for the Rotel tomatoes. Looking forward to this in my lunch!