Here is a fast, cheap, healthy, and easy dinner! Most of the cooking time is actually done within the preparation time.
- 453.59 g morningstar farms grillers burger style recipe crumbles vegetarian ground beef
- 1 package taco seasoning mix (I use Aroostooks' Taco Seasoning Mix)
- 59.14 ml water
- 236.59 ml cooked kidney bean
- 236.59 ml frozen corn kernels
- 425.24 g candiced tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 head romaine lettuce or 1 head green leaf lettuce or 1 head red leaf lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces.
- 118.29 ml shredded jalapeno jack cheese, shredded (optional)
- 1 package taco shell (I use El Lago)
- 236.59 ml nonfat yogurt (optional)
- 236.59 ml salsa (optional)
- 29.58 ml mayonnaise (optional)
- Put diced tomatoes and taco seasoning mix into a pan on medium-low heat.
- Rinse the diced tomato can with 1/4 cup water and add that to pan.
- Stir taco mix in thoroughly.
- Add the Prime Grillers Crumbles and the corn, and stir occasionally until heated through.
- Add the beans and stir just until heated.
- While mixture is heating, rinse and pat or spin dry the lettuce, and tear it into bite-size pieces.
- Pile the lettuce onto plates, and top with taco mixture.
- Top with grated cheese if desired.
- Crumble two taco shells on top of each salad.
- If you would like extra sauce, make and top with the optional dressing.
So good! I loved the warm bean mixture on the cool bed of lettuce. I never mentioned the soy crumbles; everyone took it for beef. For the optional dressing, I mixed some taco sauce with light mayo. It was great. Thanx for sharing this vegetarian delight!