Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
A quick and easy vegetable beef soup -really tasty.
Make and share this Quick Vegetable Beef Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 lb lean ground beef
- 2 cups water
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 package frozen mixed vegetables (10 ounces)
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- In a saucepan over medium heat, cook beef until no longer pink; drain.
- Add the remaining ingredients; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
This was a very quick and easy soup to make. It was also very tasty. Will make again. Thanks for posting.
This is an awesome soup. I didn't add the tomatoes because I'm not fond of canned tomatoes. I added mixed frozen veggies I had in freezer. I followed the directions exactly except for the tomatoes and and I added extra onion and some mushrooms it was wonderful!!
I'm giving this 5 stars because it was exactly what I was looking for...quick soup with ingredients I had on hand and tasty. The flavor was a little overpowered by the onion soup, but that ain't all bad ;) . I added some onion, celery, and carrots since I was low on mixed veg. This recipe is good for those of us who are not big soup aficionados and/or short on prep time.