Recipe by quikgourmet
This soup is so easy to prepare but is real comfort food, prepared quickly and ready to eat within 20 minutes, with a real homemade taste.
Top Review by Montana-GemBob
This soup is just plain good. So easy to make and very comforting. Although the name says vegetable soup I made it with the ground beef and thouroughly enjoyed it. Made and reviewed for PAC spring 2008
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans beef broth
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans stewed tomatoes, undrained and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 (16 ounce) can mixed vegetables, drained
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup uncooked medium egg noodles
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large pot for the soup, brown the ground beef and onion; drain in a colander.
- (I usually wipe out the soup pot to take all grease out of it.) Place beef and onion back into the soup pot.
- Add the beef broth and save one empty broth can.
- Fill the empty can twice with water, adding the water to the soup pot.
- Add tomatoes, vegetables, and spices.
- Bring all to a boil; add noodles.
- Reduce the heat to low; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes until the noodles are done.