Recipe by Avery J.
Things are heating up here in California so I'm breaking out my collection of quick-stir-fry recipes for the summer, it's just too hot already to bake or stew things forever over a hot stove. We had this one last night and it's the tastiest gourmet-type meals that I've made yet, but super-easy too.
- 1 lb veal scallops
- 4 tablespoons half-and-half
- 4 ounces lean smoked bacon
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts in brine
- 2⁄3 cup beef stock
- 1 shallot
- fresh rosemary
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice the veal into long thin slices, then chop the bacon very fine.
- Slice the shallot, drain and quarter the artichoke hearts, mince the rosemary so you have a tablespoonful.
- Heat up a wok or frying pan.
- Without adding any cooking oil, stir-fry the bacon for a couple of minutes until it greases the pan.
- Add the veal and sliced shallot; stir-fry for several minues.
- Add the artichoke heart pieces, stir-fry for another minute.
- Now stir in the beef stock and minced rosemary, simmer for a two minutes.
- Right before serving stir in the Half-and Half with salt and pepper to taste-- serve it right away before it cools off!