Recipe by Shar-on
I got this recipe from a gal I went to college with. Its really easy and keep for several days in the fridge. You choose the flavour you like, since you are using jello mixes. I have often doubled this recipe. This is a very inexpensive cake.
Top Review by Darlene McCastle
This recipe was "ok" but wasn't very "cheesy". I would add at least 2 more ounces of cream cheese. Also was a bit soft even when it set overnight...would decrease water to 3/4 cup. Also I would make sure the water cooled to room temp (and jello thickened a bit) before adding to mixture. My water was too hot and it made it lumpy and "flattened" the dream whip a bit. This was very inexpensive and easy, and good if you're in a big hurry and absolutely NEED cheese cake. I have had better unbaked cheese cake, tho.
- 1 (85 g) package Jello gelatin (your choice of flavor)
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 3⁄4 cups graham wafer crumbs (26 wafers)
- 1⁄2 cup soft butter
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 (4 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 envelope dream whipped topping (to make 2 cups whipped topping)
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- fruit filling, topping (depending on the flavour of jello eg. lemon jello with cherry pie filling) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Dissolve jello in the boiling water and let cool.
- Mix together the graham wafer crumbs, butter and 1 T sugar.
- Pack into a 9" X 9" pan, saving some crumbs for the topping.
- Cream together cream cheese, sugar and vanilla.
- Mix together the Dream Whip and milk.
- Combine the jello mix, dream whip and cream cheese mix and pour on top of crumb base in pan.
- Sprinkle with remaining crumbs that were kept from the base mixture.
- Cover and refridgerate.
- Cut into serving pieces and top with your favorite topping for cheese cakes.