Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Here's a quick and easy way to have your turkey whenever you want it. With this recipe you can even have turkey in the middle of summer should you so desire. Why, you could even have it on Thanksgiving Day!
- 1 skinless boneless turkey breast, about 1-1/3 pounds (PERDUE Fit 'n' Easy suggested)
- 6.16 ml poultry seasoning
- salt and pepper
- 88.74 ml butter, divided
- 118.29 ml chopped onion
- 170.09 g package turkey stuffing mix or 170.09 g package chicken
- With a sharp knife, cut a deep pocket in side of breast. Rub all over with poultry seasoning, and salt and pepper to taste.
- In large, nonstick skillet over medium heat, melt 4 tablespoons butter. Add onion and saute 2-3 minutes, until softened. Prepare stuffing mix following package directions adding onion and butter mixture.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Stuff breast and secure with toothpicks. Place any remaining stuffing in a greased, shallow roasting pan; place breast on top. Dot top of breast with remaining 2 tablespoons butter. Bake 35-40 minutes, until turkey is lightly browned and meat thermometer inserted in thickest part registers 170 degrees F.
- To serve: remove toothpicks and slice turkey.
Excellent flavor. The turkey breast was a little larger so I decided not to stuff it and after preparing according to instructions I layed it on top of the stuffing. I should have weighed it as the weight was not readable. It took much longer than anticipated to reach the correct temperature, about an hour longer. The stuffing that was not under the breast did get quite crispy but was still good. I am thinking that the breast may have not completely thawed prior to putting in the oven. However, the turkey meat was so wonderfully moist. This was a skin on breast which likely helped retain moisture. I did add a handful of dried cranberries into the stuffing mixture which added a nice dimension. I am going to try this with chicken pieces next. Thanks for sharing your recipe.