Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
A hearty yet healthy quick currey.
- 250 g turkey fillets
- 1 (400 g) can green lentils or 1 (400 g) can red lentils
- 2 tablespoons tikka masala curry paste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 small red onions
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons tomato puree
- 150 g brown basmati rice
- 2 tablespoons plain low-fat yogurt
- Set the brown Basmati rice cooking as instructions on pack.
- Finely chop the red onions and garlic. Heat the olive oil in a deep frying pan or wok. Fry the onions and garlic until golden.
- Chop the turkey fillets into medium sized chunks and add to frying pan. Fry until golden.
- Add the drained green lentils and cook until their water is mostly evaporated.
- Add the curry paste and tomato puree stirring well.
- Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Serve with rice (and naan bread if you're feeling naughty!), drizzled with natural yoghurt to taste.