Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
We don't eat shellfish, but I wanted something a little special to have as a starter on Father's Day. This has become a change of pace from Salmon croquettes in our house; both are adored by our 8 year old son.
- In a large bowl, combine 12 crushed crackers and next 5 ingredients.
- Place tuna in bowl with cracker mixture; with rubber spatula, gently fold mixture together.
- Form into 8 small patties.
- Crush the remaining 3 crackers on a plate and lightly coat the cakes.
- Heat olive oil in large non stick skilet.
- Add patties, cook until browned 12-15 minutes.
This was easy and tastey. I didn't have Old Bay so I used cajun sesoning as a previous reviewer suggested. I liked the cracker crumbs on the outside. It added a nice texture to the finished product.
These cakes were very good, very simple to make too. I used ritz crackers, chopped up a little fresh green pepper, and dredged them in flour before frying. I will make these again!
These are very good. I didn't have any Old Bay, so I just used salt and pepper along with the crushed red pepper flakes. Even with this change, they were very tasty. I also used Ritz crackers, and thoroughly coated the outside. Definitley a keeper!