Recipe by cmacooks
We don't eat shellfish, but I wanted something a little special to have as a starter on Father's Day. This has become a change of pace from Salmon croquettes in our house; both are adored by our 8 year old son.
Top Review by teachingchef
This was easy and tastey. I didn't have Old Bay so I used cajun sesoning as a previous reviewer suggested. I liked the cracker crumbs on the outside. It added a nice texture to the finished product.
- 15 saltine crackers
- 2 teaspoons Old Bay Seasoning
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 12 ounces albacore tuna, packed in water,drained
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 -3 tablespoons olive oil, for pan frying
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine 12 crushed crackers and next 5 ingredients.
- Place tuna in bowl with cracker mixture; with rubber spatula, gently fold mixture together.
- Form into 8 small patties.
- Crush the remaining 3 crackers on a plate and lightly coat the cakes.
- Heat olive oil in large non stick skilet.
- Add patties, cook until browned 12-15 minutes.