Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Really quick to prepare, great on a cold night.
- 1⁄2 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (I like garlic so I use 3 or 4 large cloves)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 (1 lb) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 (8 ounce) can beef broth
- 1 cup water
- 4 ounces cans Rotel tomatoes & chilies (use the whole can if you want it REALLY spicy)
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- Saute first 4 ingredients until the onion is tender.
- Add remaining ingredients and simmer for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Garnish with tortilla chips and cheese.
Wow, this soup was delicious and easy to prepare. I changed a few things to my liking. I fried little hamburger meatballs in a separate pan (seasoned with a little salt and garlic powder), and added it turning the simmer. I also added a pinch of chopped cilantro and some frozen mixed vegetables. I wanted to add a whole can of corn, but this is all I had. The spices marry well and adds to a full bodied flavored soup. I omitted the rotel tomato and chilie, and it still tasted good. I served the soup with crunchy tortilla shells. This soup tastes like it took hours to prepare. I will definitely make it again! Thank you, dbh! I think we have a winner.