Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
You have very little prep with great flavor.
- 6 cups water (or more)
- 6 tablespoons chicken bouillon (or more)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 -2 carrots or 2 cups baby carrots, sliced
- 2 -3 chicken breasts, boneless, skinless
- 1 (15 ounce) can corn or 2 cups corn, frozen or fresh
- 2 cups salsa (your favorite)
- chili powder (your preference) or cayenne (your preference)
- 2 cups monterey jack cheese, shredded (more if you love cheese)
- 1 (8 ounce) bag tortilla chips
- OK so this is the best. This can be as big or as small as you like and after doing it about three times I stop using measurements and it always tasted great. You can add anything to this zucchini, broccoli and you really can't go wrong. As long as you have the bouillon, salsa, chicken, and chili powder this is good enough, everything else makes it delicious. Taste as you go, the best cooks do!
- Boil your water in a large pot. Add the bouillon a couple tablespoons at a time to make sure you don't over flavor. If you do add more water. Easy. Add the chopped onion and any other vegetables you want. This will change the flavor so don't get to eager on having the right flavor until the onion is in it. The color should be a medium yellow.
- Bring to a boil. Toss in your uncooked chicken. Cook for about 10 minutes. Boiling the chicken this way will help it to stay moist. After that remove the chicken and add the salsa and corn. Now you are going to sprinkle the top of the water with the chili powder. Once the top is covered you have enough. Don't go over board unless you have a burning desire to do so. As a precaution you may pay the price tomorrow.
- Take two forks and start tearing the chicken into shreds. Once finished place back into the pot and mix. Now ladle into bowls.
- You can crumble the chips, keep them whole, whatever and then add the cheese on top.
- Some people like chives and sour cream. Each to his own! This stores wonderfully and I would even bet you could freeze this. We just usually eat it for a couple of days. Enjoy this recipe!