Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
So quick and easy, 6 ingredients, serve with salad and dinner is done. Use cheese or meat filled tortellini.
- 3 (15 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 18 ounces cheese-filled tortellini
- 14 1⁄2 ounces diced tomatoes, undrained
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 cup shredded parmesan cheese, if desired
- Bring broth to a boil in a large saucepan over med-high heat; add tortellini and next 4 ingredients.
- Reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes.
- Garnish, if desired with shredded Parmesan cheese.
This recipe was SO easy and really delicious! I only used 7 oz of tortellini since that was all I had on hand but it still turned out fabulous. I ended up adding 2 cups of water because my tortellini had sucked up most of my broth and concentrated the flavor so that it was a bit salty. I know I will be making this soup over and over again! Thanks for the great recipe!