Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
soup with and Italian flare
- 1 can tomato soup
- 1 can diced tomato
- 3 teaspoons fresh basil or 3 teaspoons dried basil, or more depending upon you liking for it
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons celery salt (Bon Appetit)
- 4 celery
- 6 carrots
- 1 onion
- 1⁄2 can kernel corn
- 3 -4 cups chicken stock
- tortellini, cooked
- 3⁄4 teaspoon savory
- 1⁄2 diced red pepper
- Cook onion in a bit of butter until transparent add rest of ingredient and cook until tender.
- This is a quick soup to make and tastes very good.
- I had this soup at a friends house one night.
- Thanks to Cindy Newton for this one, it's a great recipe.
- Great on a cold winters night!