Recipe by Is This Really Necessary
Comfort food for cold and blustery days. Easy to make. Not very healthy, though. Fresh tortellini can be replaced by circa 100-150 g dried tortellini, but the results are not as good; when using dried ones, add them at the same time as the carrot.
- 1 carrot
- 25 g butter
- 25 g flour
- 200 g frozen green beans
- 1⁄2 liter vegetable stock
- 200 g fresh tortellini
- 1⁄4 liter milk
- 150 g grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons coarse grain mustard
Directions See How It's Made
- Clean carrot and slice thickly.
- Heat butter in pot and add flour. Ad stock and 0.1 l water ladle by ladle while stirring (add next ladle after previous one has been fully absorbed into flour mixture). Add carrots and beans and simmer circa 10 minutes. On low heat, add tortellini, milk, cheese, and mustard, and allow the cheese to melt. Add freshly cracked pepper to taste.