Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
An easy and yummy family favorite one-dish meal which may be made ahead of time and frozen. When making this casserole, I like to freeze half for later use. OAMC instructions included.
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped green bell pepper
- 1⁄4 cup grated carrot
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 -3 cups cooked chicken, cubed
- 1⁄2 lb broccoli floret, cooked
- 1 cup pancake mix
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1⁄4 cup slivered almonds
- Combine soup, cream cheese, milk, celery, onions, green peppers, carrots, and parmesan cheese; cook in a saucepan over medium heat until heated through; stir in chicken and broccoli.
- Turn chicken mixture into an ungreased 8x8" baking dish, or package in freezer bag(s) for OAMC.
- If using (OAMC) frozen mixture, thaw completely then turn mixture into an ungreased 8x8" baking dish; continue with recipe.
- Just before baking, combine pancake mix, cheese, milk, oil, egg, and almonds; spoon evenly over top of chicken mixture.
- Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until topping is golden and chicken mixture is bubbly at edges.
- NOTE: For OAMC preparation, you may (optionally) combine the pancake mix, grated cheese, and almonds in a small baggie to be attached to (and frozen with) the large freezer bag containing the chicken mixture ~ You would then, just before baking, simply combine the milk, oil, egg, with the contents of the small baggie and then quickly top your casserole.
My husband and I loved this receipe. He came back for seconds. Easy to make and taste wonderful. My only problem, not going after seconds myself. Thanks for posting.