Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is a quick and easy recipe for a yummy homemade soup.
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄4 all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon curry
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 (46 ounce) can tomato juice
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- In a large saucepan, melt butter.
- Stir in flour, curry powder and onion powder until smooth.
- Gradually add tomato juice and sugar.
- Cook, uncovered, until thickened and heated through, about 5 minutes.
I've made this soup quite a few times now and we love it. It is SO good with grilled cheese! I make it just as described and it comes out perfect every time. We love the slight curry taste! I wouldn't change a thing about it.