Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is one of my adopted recipes that has been updated.
- 4.92 ml olive oil
- 118.29 ml onion, Chopped
- 118.29 ml chicken stock
- 709.77 ml tomatoes, Chopped
- 4.92 ml apple juice concentrate
- 2.46 ml oregano
- 2.46 ml thyme
- 2.46 ml basil
- 4.92 ml garlic powder
- 0.25 ml pepper
- In a medium saucepan, heat olive oil lightly brown onions, stirring occasionally.
- Add chicken stock and bring to a simmer.
- Add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Cover saucepan and simmer for 30-45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Pour mixture into food processor or blender and blend until smooth.
- Use immediately or store in refrigerator.
Very easy quick sauce to make I cut the chicken stock back to 1/4 cup, didn't have any apple juice and added 1 Jalapeno pepper chopped - Thanks Lauralie lovely dinner
This sauce was easy to make and smelled great cooking, but it ended up tasting very watered down and flavorless. I made it exactly as directed. I'm not sure what could be done to perk this sauce up.