Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is one of my adopted recipes that has been updated.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup onion, Chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chicken stock
- 3 cups tomatoes, Chopped
- 1 teaspoon apple juice concentrate
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 pinch pepper
- In a medium saucepan, heat olive oil lightly brown onions, stirring occasionally.
- Add chicken stock and bring to a simmer.
- Add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Cover saucepan and simmer for 30-45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Pour mixture into food processor or blender and blend until smooth.
- Use immediately or store in refrigerator.
Very easy quick sauce to make I cut the chicken stock back to 1/4 cup, didn't have any apple juice and added 1 Jalapeno pepper chopped - Thanks Lauralie lovely dinner
This sauce was easy to make and smelled great cooking, but it ended up tasting very watered down and flavorless. I made it exactly as directed. I'm not sure what could be done to perk this sauce up.