1/1 Photo of Quick Tomato Sauce
Nonno Select's Note:
This is a simple tomato sauce that can be used for anything and everything. It was taken from the cookbook "My Calabria" by Rosetta Constantino (www.cookingwithrosetta.com). It only takes 20 minutes to prepare and has 4 ingredients plus salt and an optional small hot red pepper.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pour the San Marzano tomatoes into a bowl and break them up by hand. Discard any hard cores or bits of skin.
- 2Heat the oil in a large pan over moderate heat, add the garlic and saute until golden, about one minute.
- 3Add the tomatoes and their juice carefully. (They will splatter.) Tear the basil leaves in half and add along with the salt. Add the hot pepper (if using).
- 4Simmer briskly, stiring occasionally, until you have a thick chunky sauce. About 15 to 20 minutes.
- 5Remove the garlic before serving.
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quick Tomato Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (214 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 126.0
- Calories from Fat 93
- Total Fat 10.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1156.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 4.7 g
- Protein 1.6 g